Re: AmeriCorps: Software review

Gary Dietz (gdietz@wpine.com)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 09:44:11 -0500

Bill,

This is a *huge* question, and a hot (although off-topic for this list)
question.

The Global Schoolhouse (http://www.gsn.org) and its edu listservs may be a
good place to start, subscribe, and ask questions. Also, the White Pine
Distance Learning Resource Center (http://www.wpine.com/edu/DLRC.html) has
"lists of lists" of educational organizations.

I don't know what state you are in, but San Diego County Dept of Education
has a technology education lab that shows *all* approved software for the
schools. I'm sure other states may have similar resources.

Also, there are many web pages that review software. I believe Classroom
Connect has such a site. There are *many* others.

Dontcha wish there were "one-stop-shopping" for educational software?

Regards,

Gary