Re: This site produces a demo version that says it is out of date can't load

Wayne Fisher (waynef@cyberenet.net)
Wed, 18 Feb 1998 18:35:52 +0000

Pardon me for putting more of my 2 cents in, but for someone to suggest
that someone continue to use the demo version of the software is quite
disturbing to me.... companies such as White Pine work very hard on
their software, and for people to download and use just demos, or find
cracks and hacks so that they do not have to pay for the software, is
reprehensible. This is one of the major reasons Netscape found itself
in so much trouble, since people were NOT paying for the software which
they were using.

Personally, I think we should all show our support to all software
companies and pay for the software we use (unless of course it is
freeware). Using a demo for a very limited time in order to gauge
whether or not you want to buy the software is fine. But, continued use
of hacks, cracks, and demos not only violates the licensing agreement
for the software, but does not reward the programmers, testers, and
other software people who worked so hard to develop the program which
you are using.

If you want companies like White Pine to continue to "pump out" quality
products, show your support and buy the damn software...

If you don't want to legally buy the software, don't use it and find a
freeware program that does the same thing....

As someone in the software industry, I am appalled at your
suggestions....

*stepping down off my soapbox now*

- Wayne