Re: Unsupported video capture setting

Wed, 18 Feb 1998 17:22:25 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, TOM wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm running a Kodak DVC300 USB video camera on my system. WIN95 OS.
> When I call up the Cu-Seeme prog I get "Unsupported video capture setting".
> When I click on OK the prog comes up & I get an image in the preview window
> but none in my name's window, just a white blank.

>From what it sounds like, you're using the Cornell 0.92b2 version. I
believe the Preview window is just there for diagnostic purposes. What
you see in the Preview window is NOT what's sent across as your vid.
That's what the local window is for. It's there to help you diagnose any
problems and to see the vid BEFORE it gets encoded.

You may try going to View -> Preferences -> Video -> Video Format and
selecting another format. I'm not sure if that particular camera is
supported on 0.92b2 or not.

You may have to seek out the elusive CU 2.1.2 version (since I believe it
included a fix for this camera) or at least see what it added to the ini
file and see if including that with the Cornell version fixes it. If
you're interested in trying this, leave me email and I'll paste the
relevant section in the README for 2.1.2 (that is..if I can do it legally
without violating the 2.1.2 license..otherwise, bug White Pine about it)

I believe 3.X has support for the camera though I'm not sure.

> Is there any chance of somehow resolving my problem as I do wish to
> participate
> with others and not sit in the background & condemned to be disdainfully
> regarded as a
> "LURKER". Ah ! The shame ! The shame !

Hehehe :)
If the "send video" section is grayed out, it won't connect as a sender.
Give all that a shot...see what happens.