Re: CU Suggestions - Was: Some general observations

Fri, 20 Feb 1998 00:47:29 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Gary Dietz wrote:
> On this note - what are your suggestions for future releases from White
> Pine?

I agree that it's hard to take everyone's suggestions and create a product
that everyone will like. That's why providing an API for CU-SeeMe seems
so appealing. That also goes along with ActiveX controls.

Allow programmers to extend the features of CU-SeeMe and redesign it given
the core components. It's really not that hard to provide a SDK that
details how to use methods for CU-SeeMe control. Licensing on the other
hand can become tricky I imagine.

While the general public may not find this idea too appealing at first,
they'd receive the benefits later with specialized interfaces for
CU-SeeMe. That also avoids all the GUI complaints from people. It also
allows people to extend the uses and capabilities of CU-SeeMe.

> I'm also your man for the ClassPoint distance learning product. Oops, did
> I just pre-announce something again? Heh heh.

What's the difference between ClassPoint and LearningPoint?
Isn't all of that just variations on the MPCS theme?