Re: How do I set up Compaq USB video phone for Cu-SeeME? ? ?

TOM (shashawin@one.net.au)
Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:11:28 +1000

----------
From: rebel <fbrant@ipa.net>
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: How do I set up Compaq USB video phone for Cu-SeeME? ? ?
Date: Monday, February 23, 1998 6:15 AM

I have a Compaq color camera (Intel USB video camera) designed to work with
Compaq video phone software on a computer to computer connection via
modem/phone line. While trying to run Cu-SeeMe, I get the error message
"unsupported video capture". I do get a LOCAL picture on my screen, but it
doesn't transmit. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Do I need
additional software to convert the video image?

1.. Compaq color camera (Intel USB video camera)
2.. Compaq 4550 computer
3.. Windows 95
4.. camera connection via USB port
5.. Sony Trinitron 17" multiscan 200sf monitor
6.. Koss (cheap) microphone
HELP, please.

Frank Brant
fbrant@ipa.net

Hi frank,
I run a Kodak usb camera & initially had the same problems but resolved it
with the following.
GO: VIEW--PREFERENCES--VIDEO--VIDEO FORMAT--IMAGE FORMAT--FORMAT
then try another size.
160/120 works for me .
Regards,
Tom
PS
This assumes you are running the latest Cu-SeeMe from Cornell.