Re: Running 2 versions of CU-SeeMe at the same time

Fri, 27 Feb 1998 16:08:18 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 27 Feb 1998, Frederic Grabli wrote:
> I'm running CU-SeeMe on a PowerMac 7500 AV, using a camcorder. I was
> wondering if it was possible to run 2 different versions of CU-SeeMe at
> the same time since I also have a quickcam connected to my mac...

You can't run multiple copies of CU-SeeMe (be they the same version, or
different versions) because of the way CU-SeeMe is setup to use the same
port (7648) with no way to switch ports (and no way for the reflectors and
other clients to know about other ports).

You should be able to switch the video source to and from the Quickcam
though within CU-SeeMe that's loaded.