Windows/Videospigot/PAL

markdz@easynet.co.uk
Thu, 5 Jan 1995 09:46:41 -0500

>Date: Wed, 4 Jan 1995 18:05:49 -0500
>From: Anders.Lindberg@snic.umu.se (Anders Lindberg)
>To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>Subject: Windows/Videospigot/PAL

>I'm a bit confused. Is there nobody in the whole wide world using the
>CUSEEME software on a PC and using a Videospigot or some other board
>together with a camera that sends PAL signals?

>I can't get this to work and is VERY (Cant underline but would like to)
>anxious to hear some good answers on how to get this to work.

At what point is it failing ? Does the video capture board install ok
? Have you copied the MSVIDEO.DLL that comes with CU-SeeMe to
C:\WINDOWS ?

It seems to work for me ok, although I seem to recall that the newer
Video capture cards tend to come with Microsoft Video for Windows ver
1.1 which does not seem to work with CU-SeeMe for some reason.

Some cards e.g. the Videoblaster SE need to use the "feature adapter" on the Video card
which is a real pain.

Mark