RE: CU-SeeMe connect requests overloaded the network

pap@tiac.net
Fri, 6 Jan 1995 22:20:38 -0500

>On Fri, 6 Jan 1995 pap@native.tiac.net wrote:
>> >Has anyone seen this happen before? It seems to me that CU-SeeMe should
>> >have a timeout value to stop sending requests after 1-2 minutes of
>> >failures.
><snip>
>> I have been running CU in rec. mode only on WFW with Chameleon. I have
>> noticed what seems to be a persisting UDP connection at the given port 7xxx
>> even when a disconnect has been issued. The effect is CU seems to be
>> disconnecting, announces that it has, (meanwhile - the UDP stat box shows
>> continued packets incoming and the port is still open) a few seconds go by -
><snip>
>Well described - just what I get with Trumpet Winsock v1 and v2. It seems
>the reflector needs about 40-50 seconds with your CU-Seeme client shut
>down to stop sending packets.
>
>Matthew Sanderson CIS: 70733,2700 'net: matthews@hookup.net

Matt,

Seems like you may be one of the "oldtimers" here. Have you or anyone seen discussion on the scroll box (lack of) in
the connection selector, despite edits to cuseeme.ini (which I assume belongs in the \windows dir)? Is there a path
requirement?

Thanks and Regards,

pap@tiac.net