RE: Re[2]: CU-SeeMe connect requests overloaded the network

pap@tiac.net
Fri, 6 Jan 1995 22:41:16 -0500

>I have noticed the same finding with Trumpet.
>
>In addition,,, I am using the FTP Software winsock and work and while I do not
>get reconnects... It is difficult to connect to another reflector until I have
>exited and restared the program.

Hmmm, I think it's time to foray into some socket call specs to see about this. If you read Steve Womble@ibm's scenario,
this rascal may have the potential to bring a network to it's knees as it seemed to do for Steve. I have noticed similar
"port hanging" on disconnect attempts with some ftp apps. Wonder if they are related?

pap