re Whiteboard support in Cu

neil morris (neil@adm1.ph.man.ac.uk)
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 04:02:20 -0500

Dear Hanz,

>From: makmur@cs.rutgers.edu (Hanz Makmur)
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Whiteboard support
>Apparently-To: neil
>
>Is there any whiteboard support in CUSeeMe ?
>Or is there any Whiteboard program out there that work with CUSeeMe and NV ?
>
>Thanks for the info.
>Hanz

Nope, I don't think so.
But if you run Cu under OS/2 2.1 or Warp with the TCP/IP Base Kit you
could use the functions of the Person-2-Person programs, that gives you
Conferencing (up to 8) of whiteboard, clipboard, talk util and VIDEO (given
the right hardware which I havn't). Works very well here on our LAN,
even on my cranky 386, would like to give it a go over a bit more distance
(we are looking at it to provide simple conferencing between 2 labs aprox
30 miles apart), anyoneout there using P2P over TCP/IP want to try
adm2.ph.man.ac.uk [130.88.237.239] it's running most of the time except
when i'm tinkering with the config.sys!.
Best Regards.
Neil..
Neil Morris.
Computing Support.