Re: Heavy data stream from Reflector, but no picture

Michael Sattler, San Francisco (
Tue, 10 Jan 1995 22:22:33 -0500

At 11:40 1/10/95, Bart Kindt wrote:
>I got a few questions about Reflectors. Bytheway, is there a sepparate
>mailing list for reflectors? If so, whats it called?

Yes. Look at

>I am using the latest Windows cu-seeme, with Trumpet Winsock 2.0b.
>cu-seeme is not designed for these low lines (something which I think should
>be addressed...)

Get a faster connection.

>Also, when I close a video window, I *do* hope that the reflector stops
>sending my video information for that window?!

The dev team *does* say that's what happens.

>Am I the only one with these problems? Or has everybody else a T1 link to
>their computers..?

Well, about seven months ago the CU-SeeMe development team got tired of us
whining and bitching about how difficult it was to punch eight video
streams over a 2400 baud modem so they used some grant money to give us all
T1 or T3 lines. I'm surprized you didn't get the offer letter in the mail.

>Also, where can I read how the Reflector software works?

There used to me a READ-ME file that came with the reflector.

Michael Sattler <> San Francisco, California |
Digital Jungle Consulting Services |
And so these men of Indostan/Disputed long and loud/Each in his own |
opinion/Exceeding stiff and strong/Though each was partly right/And |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |