RE: GetHostByName

Tom Gray (Gray@crlmsm.csc.ti.com)
Wed, 11 Jan 1995 10:43:00 -0500

Ted,
Recently resolved this problem myself. Try this:
Start up "Custom"
Under
Services
SNMP
Settings
Host Administration
Type in your Domain (not host) name.
I also have the SNMPD startup box checked but I'm not sure if that matters.
Good Luck,
Tommy Gray
jtg@msg.ti.com
Texas Instruments R&D
----------
From: owner-CU-SEEME-L
To: CU-SEEME-L
Subject: GetHostByName
Date: Wednesday, January 11, 1995 11:52AM

I know that I've seen this subject before, but now that I'm finally
got some time I am trying to get CUSEEME working.

When I execute CUSEEME.EXE, I get "GetByHostName() failed (11004)" message.
I've got a "hosts" file in my NetManage directory. My own hostname and
IPaddress is listed. I can Ping my own node by hostname.

What's the secret to getting passed this message?

I've got the following configuration:
486DX2-50
12MegRAM
Windows For Workgroups 3.11
NetManage NFS 4.0 (up an running )
VideoBlaster. (up an running )
MS VideoForWindows 1.1a (I can create AVI files)
I got REFLECTOR running on a SPARC workstation on our ethernet.
I am able to run REFMON.
CU-SeeMe for Windows version 0.34b4

--
Ted G. Kekatos - N9IXE
tedk@wwa.com

WorldWide Access (SM) - Chicagoland Internet Services
Info: send mail to info@wwa.com