Re: Help! QuickCam on printer port

Thu, 12 Jan 1995 10:22:58 -0500

At 03:01 1/12/95, Frederick Chu wrote:

>However, for the 660AV at home, since I have to connect to the Medical
>School via modem (Geoport telecom adapter), therefore the camera had to be
>connected to the printer port. When I installed the software, although I
>was warned that AppleTalk was being used by some other software, the
>installation was successful.... [snip]
>
>To summarise, I need the modem port (Geoport) on my 660AV for setting up
>video link with the Medical School, so the only port available for the
>QuickCam camera is the printer port. But when the camera is connected to
>the printer port, it would only work if AppleTalk is turned off, and when
>AppleTalk is turned off, the modem failed.

Hmmmm. This rings a bell. I believe there was a known bug in the
installer that had to do with choosing the wrong port when you install. It
schrod my PowerBook (1 serial port) and I had to reinstall. I've copied
this to quickcam@connectix.com; perhaps they'll be able to tell you what's
wrong (or maybe they'll ask whether you're using version 1.0 or 1.0.1 of
their software).

Digital Jungle Consulting Services http://www.indstate.edu/msattler/ |

And so these men of Indostan/Disputed long and loud/Each in his own |
opinion/Exceeding stiff and strong/Though each was partly right/And |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |