Re: CU-SeeMe over SLIP Dial-up: Observations

Fri, 13 Jan 1995 01:48:31 -0500

At 09:15 1/12/95, Chuck Elliot wrote:

>...BTW, I only have a 2400 modem but I could still get some video
>motion at about 1fps and 1kbps :-) Not what you'd call usable...

This may go into the record books. I can't believe you got anything at
all; what CU-SeeMe can do never seems to amaze me. Has anyone tried with a
1200 or 300 baud modem? Can we get a Newton/Marco version of CU-SeeMe?

In other (but strangely related) news: I'm working on getting a pair of 100
kbps radio-modems in house so that I can broadcast to y'all from the cafe
where I hack. Stay tuned for more news.

Digital Jungle Consulting Services http://www.indstate.edu/msattler/ |

And so these men of Indostan/Disputed long and loud/Each in his own |
opinion/Exceeding stiff and strong/Though each was partly right/And |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |