Re: Flicker?

Mon, 16 Jan 1995 23:43:07 -0500

At 10:49 1/16/95, Patrick Delahanty wrote:

>Is there any way to reduce flicker when you point a camera at a Mac, PC, or
>TV?

Some full-time video geek would know better, but I believe what you're
seeing isn't flicker (from intensity variations in the displayed images)
but a difference in synchronization: the "top left" of the image being
displayed isn't in synce with the "top left" of the camera that's watching.
That "flicker" you're seeing is the dead time between screen draws.

I'm guessing that when professional videographers (camera monkeys) shoot
pictures of cameras, they have some hardware way of syncing up the systems.

Digital Jungle Consulting Services http://www.indstate.edu/msattler/ |

And so these men of Indostan/ disputed long and loud/ each in his own |
opinion/ exceeding stiff and strong/ though each was partly right/ and |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |