black Box

David Heath (heath@Eagle.D91.k12.id.us)
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 12:02:00 -0500

>Date: Mon, 16 Jan 1995 13:31:20 -0500
>From: Tim_Dorcey@cornell.edu
>To: cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu
>Subject: Re: Black Outline Box
>
>> Would Someone tell me what the little outline box or frame around the
>>video window means and why it keeps blinking on and off.
>
>The black border means that CU-SeeMe is using the general Mac toolbox
>routine, CopyBits, to update the video window, which it does whenever the
>video must be cropped (i.e., when the window is not fully exposed).
>Otherwise, CU-SeeMe will draw directly to the screen, which is must faster.
> The black border is drawn to alert you to the performance penalty, which
>may or may not be significant depending on how many windows you have open,
>how often they are being updated, how fast your machine is etc. You can
>get rid of the border by moving your video window or whatever is obscuring
>it.
> In the version 0.80, soon to be released, the borders are not so
>obtrusive (half the width) and also there is a preferences item which
>allows you to always use CopyBits, which is necessary for proper operation
>in some circumstances. In that case, the borders are omitted.

But that is the part I don't understand. My windows are always fully
exposed. I am running the software in the foreground and I tile the
active windows on the reflector across my screen. They are not covered or
cropped. It always runs with the black boxes, all the time. Even when I
direct connect to someone I get them . Machine speed should not be a
factor as I am running this on a 7100 AV. Network speed is direct ethernet
connection to the net with a 56kb line and I am running the PPC native
version of the code.
Anything else I should check?