Re: Non AV PowerMac

Stan Borinski (stanb@zappa.internic.net)
Tue, 17 Jan 1995 20:03:27 -0500

> In message.....
>
> >From: IN%"tgruwell@iac.ist.ucf.edu" 17-JAN-1995 14:03:42.88
>
> Tammie, asked....
>
> >I have a NON-AV PowerMac 7100/66 16mb RAM, running Sytem 7.5. I've heard
> >that the video spigot card is the right one to get so that I can send video
> >streams with CU-SeeMe. There are several different versions of this card
> >though and I'm unsure which one I need. Also, what drivers do I need? What
> >about Quicktime? Does it matter what version I run?
> I just upgraded from a Mac Quadra 800 VideoSpigot to Mac PowerPC 8100/80AV.
> Videospigot and drivers are _not_ compatible with PPC. Called Radius. They
> will _not_ be supporting VideoSpigot for PPC. So, upgrade or fix is unlikely.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill

Hmm. I thought as long as you *didn't* use QT 2.0 you were fine. At least
that's what the SuperMac/Radius guys told me. Ah, I found a previous message
that confirms this. See below. Maybe if all you PowerMac/Spigot users
complain... ;)

P.S. - QT 1.6.2 might be a tad better than 1.6.1.

-Stan

Stan Borinski stanb@netsol.com +1-703-742-4796
Software Engineer Network Solutions Herndon, VA
Come visit our CU-SeeMe Reflector:
nic.ops.netsol.com 198.41.0.200

========== Archive Message: ==========