Re[4]: Cu-SeeMe Test Server

Thu, 19 Jan 1995 16:38:55 -0500

At 12:37 1/19/95, pstingley@smtpgate.ssmc.noaa.gov wrote:

>First, I'd like to apologise for spelling your name wrong. I have seen
>two spellings of it and I hope this one is correct.

That's because Barre's mother-tongue uses a different character-set than
does the US (ISO-Latin 1). It's supposed to be a lower-case 'o' with a
slash thru it. For the poor ISO-Latin 1 types Borre alternates between the
two spellings.

>We received a packet from your address (158.36.49.13). The point of
>this test is that even if you are not seeing anything in CU-SeeME that
>indicates that you are getting through, we can prove that the packets
>were recieved on this end.

I believe that Barre's "I don't get it" comment has to do with your test.
So you can get packets from Borre. So what? You can do it with
verification by using ping, ftp, telnet, WWW, or CU-SeeMe itself. Are you
planning on doing something more with it? Borre, did I understand you?

Mochael (or Michael, Mechael, Muchael, Machael)

And so these men of Indostan/ disputed long and loud/ each in his own |
opinion/ exceeding stiff and strong/ though each was partly right/ and |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |