Re: Cu-SeeMe Test Server

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Thu, 19 Jan 1995 20:05:36 -0500

At 15:08 1/19/95, pstingley@smtpgate.ssmc.noaa.gov wrote:

> I can't get Cu-SeeMe to work on my system.
>
> I can, however, prove that my Cu-SeeMe client is sending UDP packets to
> the appropriate destination....
>
> I thought other people may be in the same boat and be blaming their
> failure to connect on their own setup. When in fact, their set up
> might not be at fault....

Oh! Now I see. I get it. Nice hack. In general, when we (the
list-members) track down someone's complaints about not being able to use
CU-SeeMe, the problem turns out to be:

(Macintosh)

Your color depth is too deep, try 256 colors.

MacTCP isn't correctly installed; it's not CU-SeeMe.

You'll have to get a version later than 0.01b1. Try the current one.

(Windoze)

TCP/IP is working okay, but you don't have a hostname set up.

TCP/IP isn't correctly installed; it's not CU-SeeMe.

No, you can't get audio (yet).

Hopefully your app will help those who don't fit into the aforementioned
categories.

And so these men of Indostan/ disputed long and loud/ each in his own |
opinion/ exceeding stiff and strong/ though each was partly right/ and |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |