Re[2]: slide show

thommy (thommy@symantec.com)
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 10:42:09 -0500

To all --

Can we go one step further and ask for just plain video capture? I
don't want just one frame, I want a film sequence that can be written
to disk.

Does anyone know (or can estimate) how much data would be written to
disk in 30 seconds? And does it make a difference if the video is in
B&W vs color?

Thom

Subject: Re: slide show
Author: Jan.Engvald@LDC.lu.se at INTERNET
Date: 1/24/95 3:58 AM

>From: Ben Domenico <ben@unidata.ucar.edu>

>If not, I'd like to add to the wishlist a capability for
>capturing part of the screen to be incorporated into
>a cuseeme slideshow.

I have proposed to have a video input selector with one of the
choices beeing Screen Video Capture. Selecting it gives a dotted
fram that you can move with the mouse to place it over what you
want to show. For this application there should be also a choice
of scale: 1.0x, 0.5x and 0.25x, so that the capture frame can be
bigger than a normal CU-SeeMe window.

Jan Engvald, Lund University Computing Center
Address: Box 783 E-mail: Jan.Engvald@ldc.lu.se
S-220 07 LUND Earn/Bitnet: XJELDC@SELUND
SWEDEN Span/Hepnet: Sweden::Gemini::xjeldc
Office: Soelvegatan 18 VAXPSI: psi%2403732202020::xjeldc
Telephone: +46 46 107458 X.400: S=Engvald/G=Jan/O=ldc/
Telefax: +46 46 138225 PRMD=lu/ADMD=sunet/C=se
Telex: 33533 LUNIVER S