Re: Speed negotiation between Reflector and CU-Seeme

Alan Larson (larson@net.com)
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 15:12:29 -0500

> At 12:55 01/24/95, Alan Larson wrote:
> > The problem is that CU-SeeMe has no congestion control, and will quite
> >gladly blast the network with all it feels that it needs to send, allowing
> >for high lost packet rates. The data rate does not adapt to the currently
> >available bandwidth.
>
> Wrong

If this is wrong, why are about 80 - 90 percent of the packets sent
to me by reflectors being lost? If there were congestion control, the
transmit rate would back off.

If this is wrong, why does CU-SeeMe blast the leased line to our
remote office so badly that terminal sessions over the line stop
functioning?

Alan