Re: Color CU-SeeMe? QuickCam?

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 23:58:04 -0500

At 20:30 1/24/95, Toshio KURAMATA wrote:
>At 16:24 95.1.23 -0500, Michael Sattler wrote:
>>At 06:19 1/23/95, C. Terry Morrow wrote:
>>
>>>I keep hearing rumors of a color version of CUSeeMe for Macs. Any
>>>substance to the rumors?
>>
>>Well, Connectix is working on a color version of the QuickCam, so the rest
>>is just programming <grin>
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>I think this is with apple's MovieTalk,coming with System8.
>Am I right?

Sumimasen. Iye. While MovieTalk may be cool, useful, and come in Mac and
Windows flavors, until Apple tells us more about its long-term plans for it
I won't be deleting CU-SeeMe just yet.

MovieTalk was demonstrated at the MacWorld Exposition at the beginning of
this month. It was impressive, but like PowerTalk (remember PowerTalk?) it
may be orphaned.

I was speaking of the programming the CU-SeeMe team will have to do in
order to transmit 256 levels of color instead of 256 greys.

And so these men of Indostan/ disputed long and loud/ each in his own |
opinion/ exceeding stiff and strong/ though each was partly right/ and |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |