Re: SPBOpen Device Failed??

Jim R. (jrla@earthlink.net)
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 22:20:43 -0500

At 4:35 PM 1/25/95 -0500, Bill.Chan@cs.cmu.edu wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I`ve been using CU-SeeMe v0.78b14 on PowerMac AV 8100/100
>for awhile now. I've tested transmission between these two machines
>before and everything was ok.
>
>However, now, one machine gives me an error code when I try to
>transmitt audio. I get the message
>
>SPBOpen Device Failed
>err = -227
>
>and then CUSM crashes. I test my setup on two AV 8100/100 in the same
>room. Video is fine. The setup used to work a week ago.
>
>Does anyone have any idea what the error message means?
>
>Thanks,
>-bill

Hi all;
I also have been having the identical problem on an 840AV running versions
70b15 and 80b1. I am connecting via PPP with a 14400 modem. I get the above
error and crash anytime I click in the audio window. Does it have anything
to do with the fact that I am not using a fast enough connection? (I know
the documentation says that audio and 14400 is a no-no). Any help or input
would be appreciated.

Jim Rider
jrla@earthlink.net