Re: Sound dropping out

Ben Domenico (ben@unidata.ucar.edu)
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 14:16:26 -0500

On Tue, 31 Jan 1995, Pat Korn wrote:

> When I watch a NASA select reflector, the sound will be coming in fine for a
> few seconds, and then stop. The icon still shows it is turned on, by I don't
> hear anything. If I toggle the sound icon, it will come back on for a little
> while before it cuts back out. Anyone else had this problem? I'm using the
> .80b2 version of CU-SeeMe for Mac. I use the ppc version at home with my
> PowerMac 6100 over a 14,400 modem and the 680xx version at work with a IIci
> on Ethernet connected to a 56K line. I happens both places.
> Thanks
> Pat

Yes, I've noticed the same behavior on the NASA reflector and
I'll add that I've tried connecting to the reflector with different
audio settings. I believe the low bandwidth delta-mod was
recommended, but I noted the same periodic dropout no matter
which audio setting I used.

--Ben
Ben Domenico Unidata Program Manager
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu P.O. Box 3000