Re: Sound dropping out

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Tue, 31 Jan 1995 14:17:52 -0500

At 09:37 1/31/95, Pat Korn wrote:
>When I watch a NASA select reflector, the sound will be coming in fine for a
>few seconds, and then stop...over a 14,400 modem and the 680xx version
>at work with a IIci on Ethernet connected to a 56K line....

Well, over 14.4 kbps I'm not surprized that audio drops out :-), but even
56 kbps isn't enough to guarantee high-quality audio. I noticed drop-out
at 128 kpbs, especially when a co-worker selfishly attempted to use the
local Ethernet for real work!

I'm not sure I consider what you're seeing to be a problem, unless it's
completely different behaviour than what you see when you're connected to
any other reflector, listening to audio and video at the same time.

And so these men of Indostan/ disputed long and loud/ each in his own |
opinion/ exceeding stiff and strong/ though each was partly right/ and |
all were in the wrong! - John Godfrey Saxe |