Win 95 general advice.... <bg>

Richard (global@dircon.co.uk)
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 16:54:26 +0000

At 9:45 31/12/95, Mark Condon wrote:
>Can anyone tell me how to get the camera to work with Win95? I called
>connectix and they told me that it is a problem with some configurations but
>not all,{stuff in same vein elided}..Can anyone help me out? I know
>it will work with 95, but it just wont work with my setup for some reason.
>And no I dont think its a hardware problem.... Thanx

Mark..can't help with the specifics but this may help in general... <bg>
Richard

If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
And the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
And the address of the memory makes CU-SeeMe then abort,
Then the socket packet pocket has an error to report!

If your cursor finds a menu item followed by a dash,
And double-clicking the icon puts your software in the trash,
And your data is corrupted 'cause the video doesn't hash,
Then your situation may be hopeless, and your system's about to crash!

If the modem on the line on the table at your house,
Says the network is connected to the button on your mouse,
But your packets want to tunnel on another protocol
That's repeatedly rejected by the audio when you call,

And your screen is all distorted by the side effects of gauss
So your video in the window is as bitty as a souse,
Then you may as well reboot and go out with a bang,
Coz as sure as I'm a poet, the sucker's gonna hang!

When the copy of your floppy's getting sloppy on the disk,
And the microde instructions cause unneccesary risc,
Then you have to flash your memory and you'll want to RAM your ROM.
Quickly turn off the computer and be sure to tell your mom!

You've got the latest copy of Windows Ninetee-five
But the hardware and the software are just too big for yer drive,
And the hard disk on your system revolves like a set of plates,
And the drivers for your printer arrived in cardboard crates,
Then make sure you check your system for a virus or a bug,
Cos' there ain't no way CU-SeeMe can find Mr Bill to fix it with a shrug!

with apologies to anon....