Re: Where to turn for help using CUSEEME?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 02 Jan 1996 22:57:36 -0600

At 10:37 PM 12/29/95 -0800, you wrote:
>The web would not let me access the mailing lists. Could you tell me
>why at start up I am getting "unsupported function" error message. It
>then seems to work, I can see my picture in the local window, but when
>I connect to any of the 7 or 8? sites already listed in pull down
>connect window, all the windows of other people dont have their
>pictures..Why is this? I tried typing text asking if they could see
>me-got no response. I tried speaking thru the mic-got no response. I'm
>using windows 3.11 486SX IBM compatible PC.
>

>Thanks!
>
>David Ross
>Davidros@ix.netcom.com

The unsupported function is probably from having the wrong version of
ctdl3.dll or msvideo in your windows\system directory. Go back and read the
instructions for installing CU-SeeMe, and you will find that their version
is probably NOT the latest, which means you should use the one you already
had. my versions are dated like this:

msvideo.dll 131,936 3-16-95 10:18pm
ctl3d.dll 25,104 8-23-94 5:37am

Let me know if you already wrote over your real versions, and I will be glad
to email mine to you. This may be the entire cause of your problem, but
also check your max transmit and receive settings. For a 28.8 modem they
should be no higher than 28.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe