Re: Where to turn for help using CUSEEME?

Charlie (charliec@pop.woodtech.com)
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 08:32:10 -0600

At 10:37 PM 12/29/95 -0800, you wrote:
>why at start up I am getting "unsupported function" error message. It
>then seems to work, I can see my picture in the local window, but when
>I connect to any of the 7 or 8? sites already listed in pull down
>connect window, all the windows of other people dont have their
>pictures..Why is this? I tried typing text asking if they could see
>David Ross

David,
As for the "unsupported function you might try making sure that your
setting for encoding method under audio settings is set to:
Encoding Method=Delta-Mod (16 Kb/s).

As for the blank windows try the following:
If you have several video windows open at the same time you may not be
getting enough data on any one of them to paint a picture. I've found
that my receive performance improves by having only one or two receive
windows open at a time. You might change your max video windows in the
edit preferences section to a lower number (include one window for
yourself) and also set the open new windows option to no. Then you can
open and close the windows yourself from the participants window.
I have also found that a relatively high number of lurkers on a reflector
can slow things down and cause video windows to almost never fill up.
| --charlie-- |