Re: Mac to Mac PPP or Slip: How????

Ray Doeksen (rdoeksen@interaccess.com)
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 10:25:27 -0600 (CST)

You manually setup the MacTCP to fix each mac at a particular IP address,
and go for it. I used to use this for settig up Macs as mock webservers
before I got access to the proper tools for creating web sites, and had a
mac on the other side of the room behaving as if it was a webserver over
TCP/IP rather than AppleTalk protocol. Should work for CuSeeMe too... It
was not SLIP but TCP that needed to be reconfigured. Also, I used
EtherNet instead of PPP in the TCP settings, I dont think that this
simple fix could have worked over a dialup connection accross town, only
to practice techniqes over a network. LAN operations are somewhat silly,
but you can use the cameras to prevent trips to empty coffee makers, look
out your front door to see who is waiting for you, or just be superlazy.

Ray