Re: Pornography Causes Reflector Shutdown

James Vincent (jjv5@chem.psu.edu)
Sun, 7 Jan 1996 10:27:05 -0500

Michael Sattler wrote:

>5. Create alternative adult-content reflectors.
>
>This has promise. Create two reflectors, one for community usage and the
>other for sexually explicit usage. As soon as I get back into the swing of
>things I'll allow reflector.jungle.com (currently down due to my travels)
>to be an sexual-content reflector.

>list. I think such a rating system should have day/night provisions, as in
>
>A - No nothing at all
>B - Sexual content okay during our local night hours (1000-0500)
>C - Sexual content okay all the time

Perhaps I am naive, but couldn't this lead to some legal problems?
Knowingly allowing the transmittal of possibly pornographic material into
your computer, then knowingly retransmitting it to anyone else connected?
At least here in the U.S. I thought there were problems with that,
especially between states.

Jim