Re: cuseeme color

Tru (tru@buffnet.net)
Sun, 07 Jan 1996 12:32:46 +0500

-------------------------
>> Can CUSEEME handle color or only grayscale? How efficient is it at
>> 28.8 point to point?

>How did you contact Connectix? I like the idea of Par connection but I
>have a couple of camerias already. Do they have a reasonable priced
>product (i.e. <$75 or so) that could connect video camerias? I've
>seen the $300+ boards and am not impressed. I don't think snappy
>grabber will work with CuSeeMe.

Hi Paul...

You can reach Connectix via their web site at www.connectix.com.

The price of the QuickCam at Computer City (in Amherst) is $114.95.
It is available via the web for $95.00. A very good price for adding
vidcam and still photo capabilities in greyscale. I bought one and am
very pleased with it.

This unit doesn't connect to a video camera, it connects directly to
your parallel port on the computer.

And, as mentioned they plan both a color version and a color upgrade
version for current owners of the b&w cam. Though, I thought the
release was slated for the end of the 1st quarter of this year.