Re: Pornography Causes Reflector Shutdown

David Winetsky (dwinet@QAL.Berkeley.EDU)
Mon, 8 Jan 1996 09:00:39 -0800 (PST)

Dear Richard,

Ever been to a European beach? Seen a lot of topless women, or thongs?
Were you offended? Should their beaches be restricted? There are
zillions of kids there. Would you like it if women went topless on
beaches here? No? Who decides? Is "OK" in France but "Not OK" in the US?
You get my drift.

These things are so fluid; one year something is offensive, the next it's
old hat. There was a time they put pants on table legs so they wouldn't
be 'naked'. I think a warning that a given site may have nudity would be
a polite thing to do, but I don't think your 4 year old is typical! He
sounds pretty smart!

David