Re: ivslider problem

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 08 Jan 1996 21:10:25 -0600

>Date: Sun, 7 Jan 1996 18:20:40 -0800 (PST)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Cliff Perry <caperry@netcom.com>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: ivslider problem
>
>I would check your "path" statements to make sure you have the ivslider
>in the direct path. (autoexec.bat)
>
> caperry@netcom.com
>
>On Sat, 6 Jan 1996, Joe Laughnan wrote:
>
>> I just downloaded CU-SeeMe for Windows version 0.84b7, and am having trouble
>> getting it to work. I get an error message saying that it can't find the
>> "ivslider", which came zipped up with the program. When I put the
"ivslider"
>> in the directory \windows, I still get the same message. I tried putting it
>> in the directory \windows\system, but the same thing happened. I'm running
>> Windows 95, and the previous version of cu-seeme ran well. If you have any
>> advice on how to solve this problem, please e-mail me.
>> Thanks!
>> Joe

I left ivslider.dll in my cuseeme directory, and it works just fine. I
don't think it HAS to be in the path, my CU-SeeMe seems to look first into
its own directory for files it needs, before looking in the path. Most DOS
programs work this way, also.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe