Re: Pornography Causes Reflector Shutdown

Luc Volders (luc@box.nl)
Tue, 9 Jan 1996 11:11:56 +0100

David wrote:

>Ever been to a European beach? Seen a lot of topless women, or thongs?
>Were you offended? Should their beaches be restricted? There are
>zillions of kids there. Would you like it if women went topless on
>beaches here? No? Who decides? Is "OK" in France but "Not OK" in the US?
>You get my drift.

You are right !

Ever looked at European TV ? Sex all over the channels.

Ever been at a sex shop in Holland.

Ever been to a news stand in Germany, France, Italy, Holland or whatever.
Looked at all the pornographic magazines there. Your kids can also look at them.

Kids are over here sexually educated at the age of 12 at schools.
Most off the time they already know about it even earlier.

Now what is all the fuss about ?

Now let me put a thought here.

If you're kids are under a certain age, they do not know what it is about
and they probably do not care.
If they are at the age that they do KNOW what is going on
no harm is done either, because they know what it is about.

Kids will never think that something is wrong, unless someone tells them.
There is nothing wrong or dirty with sex.
That is only in YOUR mind.

But a reflector is owned by someone. He/she (the owner) has rights because
he/she is paying for it, and we are *not*.
So if the reflector owner does not want exhibitionism he must have the right
to reject this, and we have to listen to what he/she wants.
Otherwise go to a different reflector.

Regards,
Luc

CU-SeeMe users looking for reflector IP adresses?
My reflector list can be found (amongst a lot of good Mac related
and other stuff) on http://www.cnh.mv.net/ipusers/mercuryinc
Look at the columns section.

This message was sent to you by: Luc Volders luc@box.nl