Re: Intel Proshare

Jonn Martell (martell@ucs.ubc.ca)
Thu, 11 Jan 1996 01:09:38 -0800 (PST)

>Date: Tue, 09 Jan 1996 14:19:15
>From: asonesh@gnn.com (Ari Sonesh)
>To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>Subject: Intel Proshare
>
>Did anybody tried to use Intel's proshare hardware with CU-SEEME?
>What is involved in integrating new hardware with the CU-SEEME? Does
>it require to write a new driver? If yes, are there any
>specifications to do it?
>
>Thanks,

It requires that LAN based video conferencing products come up with an
interoperability standard like the one for ISDN (H.320). Right now you
can't use CuSeeMe with anything by CuSeeMe and you can't use ProShare LAN
with anything but Proshare LAN. Maybe the guys from Cornell have some
insight into upcoming LAN based standards - I haven't heard of anything.

Jonn Martell - still T&F'ed :-)