Re: [W] audio

John R. Haggis (haggis@cesium.com)
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 13:54:26 -0800

Mike: I assume, since you have a PC and QuickCam you have White Pine ver
1.0 alpha 2. Transmission caps are completely broken on this, as far as I
can tell. Try freezing your video before transmitting audio. This seems to
help.

WP ver 1.0 alpha 1 let you decrease the transmission cap. I found that a
cap of 7-12 Kbps worked well for regulating the audio to other modem users.
But I can't do it on 1.0a2.

If anyone else has luck with 1.0a2 from White Pine let me know!

- John