Re: 28.8 modem connection vs. Audio

John R. Haggis (haggis@cesium.com)
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 16:51:33 -0800

At 03:02 PM 1/14/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Is 28.8 enough bandwidth to receive the audio as well as the video
>signal. The sound comming across my speakers is intermitant and broken.

What I've found is that the sender must limit his audio in the "transmission
caps" control panel. If you have them limit it to < 12Kbps, it should come
through fine. You might want to do this yourself for your transmissions so
others can hear yours.

In the Windoze version, we don't have separate audio and video transmission
caps. Just limit the whole transmission cap to about 10-12Kbps in such a
case and it should work.

- John

--
John R. Haggis            haggis@cesium.com