RE: White Pine

Eric Sten (stenet@ucunix.san.uc.edu)
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:35:21 -0500

On Wednesday, January 17, 1996 8:54 AM, Andrew Germaine[SMTP:andrewg@carfax.ims.advantis.com] wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Jan 1996 guthery@austin.sar.slb.com wrote:
>> >Is it just us? Or has anyone else out there been having a lot better luck
>> >with the White Pine Alpha version of Cuseeme over Cornell's...seems like we
>> >get a LOT fewer carrier drops with the White Pine version. Maybe it is our
>> >provider who is doing a major upgrade of his software....any comments?
>>
>> I'm trying to run the latest release from White Pines - 1.0b1 - on Windows 95
>> and unfortunately it crashes my 8MB TI DX2/50 when more than 1 window is
>> displayed.
>>

>keep the participants window closed. its a CPU hog. it goes out of control
>and locks your system. (you can successfully ctrl-alt-del and kill it but
>why bother even opening it). white pine is aware.

One problem with this solution, how are you supposed to open the windows of the people you want to talk to/see? <G>

Eric Sten

Eric Sten (aka Deamon Master)
Asst. Lab Manager
Microcomputer Lab, Raymond Waltes College
stenet@ucunix.san.uc.edu
deamon@msn.com
http://ucunix.san.uc.edu/~stenet
--- I'm just a hitchhiker on the Information Superhighway