Re: Why don't people help?

Paul E. Nichols (aj704@freenet.Buffalo.EDU)
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 15:20:00 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 10 Jan 1996 waltz@spacetech.com wrote:

> I've been subscribed to this group for about two weeks. When I
> first began seeing the messages, I wondered why people were unsubscribing.
> I think I now know the answer.
>
> The answer is simple; they don't get any help! I have posted and I
> have noted other posts that were of interest to me, but there are no
> replys. There is no assistance given. WHY?
>
> I understand how difficult it would be for the Cornell people to
> answer each query. So how about help in another manner. Issue a FAQ to
> include the typical problems encoutered as well as a cofiguration list
> (What do you need as a minimum and typical user configurations.), with
> weekly updates.
>
> I have searched the Web pages of others and have found some
> answers, but that doesn't
> a) answer all the questions and
> b) is a great deal of trouble for what you get.
>
> How about it can we get some real help, in one place?
>

> Walt.Z.

In a way your right. And I noticed that there were an awful lot more
questions than answers. I have been guilty of sending answers I know via
private e-mail. I was wrong. The stuff we are talking about dosn't stand
up and work by itself. Solution and work arounds need to be brought out
in public or else the software won't be improved and made workable.

Paul E. Nichols e-mail = aj704@freenet.buffalo.edu