Question on the Quickcam video window

byron thomason (buster1@in.net)
Fri, 19 Jan 96 08:36:52 -0500

>Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 07:32:59 -0800
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: stanbol@ix.netcom.com (Stan Bolin )
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Question on the Quickcam video window
>
>I recently installed the current Windows version of CU-SeeMe as well as
>a Quickcam. Everything worked OK for a couple of days - I was able to
>connect to several refelectors and the software seemed to be operating
>as designed. Today I tried to startup as usual and I now have no local
>video window of myself. I am running Windows 95 and my name appears on
>the task bar at the bottom of my screen but there is no window open.
>When I connect to a reflector, I get the open eye on some of the
>participants which indicates that they can see me. When I test the
>camera with the software supplied by Connectix, it works OK.
>
>Any suggestions for me to get my video window back on the screen when
>running CU-SeMe?
>
>Thanks
>
>Stan

I think what I did was reconnect to a reflector with the send video option
checked, then I was able to open my local window. At least this is what I
think I did. Did you minimize on a certain connect then disconnect,.., then
reconnect not sending video???
This is how that happened to me. Later, Byron