Re: Does or doesn't Quickcam need a video cap board for

Charlie (charliec@pop.woodtech.com)
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 09:27:07 -0600

At 04:52 PM 1/18/96 -0500, you wrote:
>If I'm using a Windows machine, can I just buy Quickcam and
>download the CUSeeMe Windows beta, or do I also need a video
>capture board?

That's correct. The QuickCam is digital and thus requires no capture
board to convert an analog signal to digital. It plugs right into the
parallel port of Windows based system or the serial port of the Mac.
Picture quality is not quite as high as what you would expect from an
analog camera and capture board setup but neither is the price.
| --charlie-- |