Re: [W] Can CU-Seeme be used to link 2 PCs over a modem line?

John R. Haggis (haggis@cesium.com)
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 11:07:03 -0800

Ravi,

It is NOT possible to connect 2 PC's directly for CuSeeMe in its current state.

1. CuSeeMe uses TCP/IP protocols to exchange information. You must use
through Winsock on the PC.

2. There is no direct-connect TCP/IP software. All the PPP clients require
a PPP server on the other end.

3. There are no PPP servers for Windows. (That I know of) You need Unix,
or maybe NT.

- John