Re: Don't Ignore Social Implications (was: Pornography on reflector)

Cliff Perry (caperry@netcom.com)
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 14:10:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi! The "CUSEEME culture" is in its infancy. A new toy for all of us.
Unfortunately, there aren't enough reflectors for the demands (adult,
research, community/national/international events, hobby, etc., etc.)...
I've tried to log on to "adult" reflectors, with 20-50 people "lurking" and
it is a zoo! On the other hand, some public reflectors have nobody
logged on! (Except NASA !)) There will ALWAYS be "antisocial" comments,
which I will (and have) fought to protect. But until there are enough
reflectors up to hendle the "adult" traffic, a lot will spill over. A prime
example of enough resources is IRC. About 50% are "adult topics" (maybe
more), but there are enough to cover the gamut of virtually any interest.
Until the reflector selection ( "UP" reflectors) catches up to the demand,
there will be "adult" overflow onto public reflectors.

There, now I feel much better!

Regards,
Cliff

caperry@netcom.com