Re: XXX rated users flashing other users -Reply

Samuel A. Gray III (sgray@cbmse.nrl.navy.mil)
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 20:04:35 -0500

No reason at all...except that 'internet space' is virtual space. By
extension any part of the internet is virtual space. So how do you
punish activities in virtual space? By passing laws that affect
people in real space?

think about it
sag

>>> Gordon Whelpley <gw@zep.com> 1/15/96, 12:12am >>>
Some individuals seem to think that we should just turn off our
access to
University reflectors if we do not want to see their private parts.
If this behavior is so cute, why don't they go to a University Campus
and wave their penises around and see if people (and the Law) just
walk off the Campus and leave them alone. This is what the "Penis
Wavers & Lickers" are doing over our Internet public space on
University reflectors and, as a result, these reflectors now cannot
be used in educational or family environments.

Although some of these individuals claim that showing or licking a
penis over a University reflector is an expression of their free
speech or perhaps a "magic" event, it is no more than public
exhibitionism, and should be treated as such.

I would suggest that it is time for us to reclaim the Internet public
space on University reflectors so it can be used for more worth while
efforts. We have long ago eliminated the behavior in question from
our "physical" public spaces at Universities and there is no reason
that we should tolerate it in our "Internet" public spaces. There
are existing laws prohibiting public exhibitionism which can be used
to stop this. When an exhibitor is observed on a University
reflector, capture an image of the exhibitor; document the
IP of the exhibitor, the exact time of the event, and the
name/address of the exhibitors service provider. A description of
the exhibition and the source origination information should be
forwarded to the Attorney Generals
Office of the state where the service provider is located and to the
President of the service provider. Save the captured image in case
it is needed to prosecute the exhibitor (I would not suggest sending
the image unsolicited).

The Penis Wavers & Lickers do not have the right to drive educational
uses from the Internet public space on University reflectors and we
do not need another law to stop them.

GW

>At 12:48 PM 1/7/96, Christian wrote:
>> Is this legal- I saw a user in cuseeme server
>> he was flashing his private parts ?
>>
>> Is this legal-can I call his provider to complain?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Christian NY
>
>how about if you just STOP LOOKING?
>
>you know how to close a window? you know how to disconnect from a
reflector?

>I thought you did.

>"Pious dogma, if allowed to flourish, will always drive magic away."
> - Tom
Robbins