Re: Using Connectix QuickCam

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Fri, 19 Jan 1996 22:36:23 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Lloyd Verhage wrote:

> Has anyone any expoerience using the Connectix QuickCam (for the DOS
> PC - not Mac) for CU-SeeMe?
>
> I've found a good price on one ($159), but would like to hear from
> others before buying it.
>
> It connects to the parallel port and has MS Video.
>
> Lloyd Verhage
> HUMECNet

Greetings:
$159 ??? Geez, you'ld better shop around a little more. I'm seeing price
tags no more than $99 (US)!!! Of course, these are "St. Loius, MO" prices,
and I'm not listing tax. I had no problems connecting via WFW311 or Win95.
What I'ld like to do is find a driver for the Linux OS. I find that this
UNIX-clone is a MUCH better multi-tasker than Win95, and handles internet
traffic MUCH better with my modem!!!

Good luck...

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"