Re: CuCme & OS/2

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sat, 20 Jan 1996 10:10:00 -0600

>Date: Sun, 14 Jan 96 16:55:50
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: sdyason@iafrica.com
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: CuCme & OS/2
>
>Hello chaps.
>
>Can CuCme run under OS/2 (windows) ?
>
>I am battling to get it started, firstly it does not recognise my hosts
file, in fact it appears it does not find it at all, even thought I have put
it into allmost all the directories I can find.

>With kind regards,
>sdyason@iafrica.com

Yes it can. Here are some instructions from another user that may help:

Subject: CUSEEME OS/2 Installation Instructions
Installation instructions for CUSEEME for OS/2 Presentation Manager.

I have setup my PC to run CU-SeeMe from the OS/2 Presentation Manager.
OS/2 users may
follow these instructions and CU-SeeMe does indeed work with the IBM
DIAL UP TCPIP
provided by IBM - I am not certain about Warp Connect.

1. Ensure the following is contained in your config.sys:
SET ETC=d:\tcpip\etc
SET TMP=d:\tcpip\tmp
SET HOSTNAME=SteveB
SET SYSCONTACT=SteveB
REM ADDED BY STEVEB FOR TESTING
RUN=d:\tcpip\bin\ifconfig.exe lo 127.0.0.1

2. !Importante! Your autoexec.bat should make *no* references to
hidden winsock.dll's found among Windoze applications (I got'em,
so do you). Keep it
simple:
PATH=C:\OS2;C:\OS2\MDOS;C:\OS2\MDOS\WINOS2;D:\TCPIP\DOS\BIN;
D:\TCPIP\DOS\ETC

Note: There are no references to LAN Work Place or other stacks.

3. Place binaries in directory D:\TCPIP\DOS\BIN\CUSEEME. I have
resolv copied in there as well.

4. After you have successfully logged on to your internet provider,
ensure you have entered you assigned IP address in the host file; I
am assuming
that PPP is being used (SLIP users should hard code their
address):
199.227.1.172 SteveB

For quick access, copy EDITOR to the folder that contains CUSM and
point the working directory to :
D:\TCPIP\DOS\ETC\HOSTS and the parameters to HOSTS.

5. Start CU-SeeMe.

HAVE FUN - Hope to CU

SteveB

Stephen Borsen