Re: Quickcam/cuseeme issues?

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 09:36:53 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Marcum N. Nance III wrote:

> When I first start up CUSEEME with my quickcam, I get an error from CUSEEME.
> I get to cancell or ignore. If I cancel the program terminates, but may or
> may not release the quickcam driver. If I ignore, Things seem to be working
> ok. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
>
> The system is a 486 DX4-100 running with a 14.4 dialup internet access:
> CU-seeme 0.84B7
> Trumpet winsock
> MS-DOS 5.0
> Windows 3.1
> Quickcam software version 1.00

Greetings:
Can you send us the FULL dialog box message? I believe what you sent was
the option button's captions ([Cancel] and [Ignore]).
Let's check a few things: can you run the Q-CAM software package aside
from CU-SeeMe? How about CU-SeeMe? Was it running prior to your Q-CAM
installation, and were you receiving pictures? How much RAM do you have, not
including "virtual" hard drive space? I'm assuming you connected your Q-CAM
to your printer port, and connected the keyboard interface, as well?
Let me (us) know what you've found.

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"
"http://www.apci.net/~derskine"