Re: QuickCam problems

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 09:46:01 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 11 Jan 1996, Anders Borg wrote:

> After downloading CuSeeMe a second time from Cornell and tested it
> together with QuickCam I still have the problem of garbage in the
> picture. I get garbage at any image resolution, and at the bottom of the
> window I can see two small copies of the actual camera image.
>
> I'm using CuSeeMe 0.84b7, and a combination of Windows 95 and Cirrus
> Logic 5434. This time at 1024*768*256 (with the same result as at
> 1280*1024*256).
>
> /Anders

Greetings:
YES!!! I've got that same problem, too!!! Try researching CU-SeeMe's
color pallet option (under video setup). Try setting to 8bit (256) or 16
colors. Also, try dropping your picture size down to about 160*100, then to
80*50 (Q-CAM frame size).
Somewhere in this madness is the solution!!! Forgive me, I'm at work and
my Q-CAM is at home; so I cannot give you an exact submenu to search!

Good luck and let me know what you find!

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "derskine@apci.net"
PHONE: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"
"http://www.apci.net/~derskine"