Re: Don't Ignore Social Implications (was: Pornography on reflector)

Michael Sattler (msattler@jungle.com)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 19:02:09 -0800

You said to me:

>On Wed, 10 Jan 1996, Luc Volders wrote:
>> I think a few on this list are making an issue out of nothing.
>> If someone is exhibiting himself on a reflector: just close the window.
>> You would do that on TV, so do it also on a reflector.

I must echo Luc's sentiment: if you don't like what you see, turn it off.
This may not be the complete answer to the problem of unwanted sexual
content on public reflectors, especially in the litiginous,
responsibility-abdicating societies in which we live, but we can all start
by making sure everyone involved with CU-SeeMe knows that it, like cellular
phones, pagers, regular phones, and the television, have an "off" switch.

Michael Sattler, Digital Jungle <mailto:msattler@jungle.com> |
San Francisco, California, USA <http://www.jungle.com/msattler/> |

My book "Internet TV with CU-SeeMe" (ISBN 1-57521-006-1) is available! |