RE: GETTING OFF THE LIST: INSTRUCTIONS

Paul E. Nichols (aj704@freenet.Buffalo.EDU)
Mon, 22 Jan 1996 22:26:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 19 Jan 1996, Mark Andrew wrote:

> I've been trying to get off the list for a month now. Evidently the
> listserv has me under some other address that the auto instruction doesn't
> recognize. I sent an email to the "owner" at some point but that didn't
> work either. Do you have any suggestions, or know where I can write for
> help at Cornell?
>
> Mark Andrew
> Phone: (312) 975-2274
> FAX: (312) 975-1842

You have to unsub from the address the distribution from cornell's
listserv is going to. The normal unsub routine goes directly to listserv
computers. Somewhere in the instructions sent to you upon sub ing, and you
were told to save, should be instructions in contacting a human operator
at the listserver at cornell to solve various, but be VERY nice with them
as they intervien as a favor only.

Paul E. Nichols e-mail = aj704@freenet.buffalo.edu